Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My attempt at seeing a dream become a reality...

"Dream your dream then do your best. Never doubt and never rest until that dream is yours." This is a quote that was written inside of a card that was given to me by someone who means a great deal in my life. She was, for a time, someone who mentored me and helped me to realize my own dreams. She encouraged me to make those dreams a reality.

I have the desire and the dream to write a memoir about the experiences I've had in my life thus far. It's really more than that though. I feel like God has allowed me the ability to translate my life and where it's lead me into words that can be read and felt by others. The hard part is that there's just so much that I feel inside of me and I'm not quite sure how to get it all out and have it make sense. I think I know how I would want it to begin, but I haven't really settled on that. I'm afraid it all sounds so much better in my head then it would on paper.

This is my first attempt at seeing that dream become a reality. One of my favorite authors said that the best piece of advice he could give to someone wanting to be a writer is to write. Just write. It wouldn't matter if it was a good sentence or a bad sentence, just write. This blog is an attempt to do that. To just write.

No comments:

Post a Comment