Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

The pros and cons of inspiration...

I don't really understand how inspiration is supposed to work. I thought that when you are "inspired" it should encourage you to take that step to do whatever it is that you have had your heart set on. I suppose that inspiration does do that, but not all the time. I've noticed, at least for me, that inspiration sometimes leaves me feeling discouraged.

Weird, I know.

It's like I can read a good book or a good blog and be so inspired to keep writing and pursuing my dreams. On the other hand, it makes me think those thoughts of "I'll never be that good" or "I probably sound like a goomba when I write...not like this person." Oh I don't know. It's all a bit frustrating really.

I suppose I should just stop whining like a baby about it, and just do it! I guess I just need to be myself and write about what inspires me. Who cares if it doesn't matter to anyone else, right? I guess what's important is that I like writing. I like putting my thoughts down on paper (or computer screen in this case). It's relaxing to me. It helps me to remove those excess thoughts that I tend to carry around with me. Those thoughts have a habit of weighing heavy sometimes. Writing is a good way to let them out. It lightens the load.


1 comment: